Sunday 18 August 2013

Blessings from God


God has been good to me and Naomi! The physical and mental tiredness of being a sahm does take its toll on my spiritual life at times. The mundaneness and busyness of everyday life sometimes siphons away from me the joy of reading God's word. Yet in the deepest recesses of my heart, there is a longing and desire to know God and His word even in this season of my life. Also, I have been hoping for some sort of support group with fellow mothers as well. So, I committed this desire of my heart unto the Lord. 

Interestingly, out of the blue, my sis-in-law told me that there is a bible study fellowship for mothers and their children (she doesn't know that she is an answered prayer!). Excited, I immediately enquired about it and attended its introductory class. However, at the back of my mind, there were many concerns. Will I be able to handle Naomi on my own? Will I have the time and energy to do the assigned homework? Will Naomi be able to mix around with other children? Will she catch a virus and fall ill? The list is endless... But as I surrendered and committed it to the Lord, I asked the Lord to open the way if it is His will for me to join (it usually takes a few months of waiting before one can get a place in bsf). Amazingly, that very afternoon I received a call from the bsf leader that I have a place and I can start the very next week! My group leader also commented that I am the first participant who could get in so immediately. This has to be the hand of God! 

God also sent an angel (a complete stranger!) to give me a lift to my destination after the introductory lesson at bsf! I was worried during the session as I heard thunder and the sky was overcast, and was praying in my heart that God will hold back the rain. But my God gave me a better deal! :) I still have concerns how I am to manage every week bringing naomi along for bible study class but my God will take care of all of my needs. 

Another thanksgiving! Naomi has reached another milestone! She was able to flip over on her own last week and today, she was able to flip herself back again. I celebrate these little successes of my daughter's and am thankful to be able to witness them. 

Naomi, mummy and papa will always be the cheerleader and supporter in your life! 

No comments:

Post a Comment